Sunday 15 March 2009

Let's Dance... Comic Relief Style

I don't know about you, but I don't really like reality shows. Some are better than others (like the Amazing Race... that one's okay), but the only ones I really enjoy are the talent-based ones. Especially those involving celebrities and professional partners. In the fall, I watch Strictly Come Dancing, and after Christmas I watch Dancing On Ice. I LOVE these shows, and now that I've watched them for a few seasons, I watch and cheer for the professional partners perhaps even more than for the celebrities (who I still don't always know).

Over the past few weeks, in the lead up to Red Nose Day, the BBC has done a celebrity version with a twist-- Let's Dance for Comic Relief. Each week, there are six performances of classic dance routines, done by individuals, partners or groups. Some of the performers are comedians, some are actors, some are other entertainment personalities. Most cannot dance, which makes it all the more hilarious. Each week, only two go through to the final-- which was last night. Two of them have made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants. Honestly. So I'm going to share those with you. They are a little on the long side, because I found videos that included them talking about their training and their reasons for doing the dance, which were as funny as the dance themselves. I just crack up thinking about them.

So without further ado, here they are!





And in case you were wondering, Robert Webb won. Rightly so... although Paddy and Keith were also hilarious. =)

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Wow. Just wow. Wow. Too funny.

Amie V said...

i know, there are almost no words for it. =)

paddy and keith won second place, by the way.