Saturday 25 September 2010

Private--Open Today!

There is a house at the corner of College Bounds and Meston Walk that has a great garden.  It's a private home, and usually the gate is closed.  One day, however, I happened by and the gate was open-- today only!  Come in and look around!  Private Gardens Open to Public Today Only!  Well, you don't have to tell me twice!

It was lovely.  I wandered around, taking photos, and got to talking with the homeowner, who was our working the flower beds.  He was lovely, too, and obviously enjoys his gardens.  They have a great location-- directly across from King's College.  I have recently found out that they rent out the 'servants' quarters' or downstairs to students-- there are seven or so of them, and you have to be interviewed and prove you'll get along with the others in order to be considered.  If you want to live on campus in a gorgeous setting, there is no better place than that.  Want to see?  Here you go.  They start at 180 and go until the wicket gate.  

There have also been plenty of opportunities for me to take pictures of blooming things, which I absolutely love.  Many of them are in that same album, and many of the others are here.  Enjoy!  I sure did.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I always enjoyed peaking over the fence at that garden when riding on the upper deck of the 20 bus to campus. Wish I had been able to go inside and see it closer. Lucky!

Siân said...

Cool I always wanted to go inside and take a look. I don't think I've said congrats yet, but really well done on the Viva!