Wednesday 5 November 2008

Back Again

Well, I'm back in Aberdeen, safe and sound. And exhausted, of course, but trans-atlantic travel always does that. I got in yesterday afternoon, after some delay in Manchester, and Kenny picked me up and brought me *home*. Today I had coffee with Paige and Elizabeth, and it was great to get out and to see them AND to drink coffee. Most things haven't changed in the city; a few things have. Overall, it just feels normal to be here, to be back, to be *home*. Strange how that works.

I miss my bubbee and my pumpkin pya, though. Big time.

Jen and Saum, too. =)

I'll post more soon... I have loads to share, both from my quarter of a year home (can you believe that?!) and from coming back. But right now, I just wanted to let everyone know that I made it back, and I'm trying to unpack, and I'll tell you all about it soon.

Hope you're all well! Happy Bonfire Night! =D

7 comments:

Barb said...

Yeah, glad you're back and happy to be there, even if you do miss the kiddos. I'm sure they miss you too. I look forward to seeing lots of new posts, with photos, soon.

And what's Bonfire Night?

Amie V said...

Oh, that's right... you were here in January. You missed Guy Fawkes Night. I'll write a post about it for you. =D

Jill said...

Wow, a quarter of a year. Isn't that crazy how fast time really does fly. Did you make it to Florida at all? I hope it's a good transition back.

Mrs4444 said...

Thanks for the update; glad to know you made it back, safe and sound.

Abson, Lara, Daniella & Sophie said...

Welcome back! and get that thesis completed :-). We are rooting for you.

Jennie B said...

Yeah you are back, we don't miss you one bit, nope not at all, believe me, I couldn't tell a fib. ;0

However, Machias keeps asking if Aunty Amie is coming back to the yellow house, and he thinks you are still on an airplane. We keep reminding him that you are at your home, not on the airplane anymore.

glad you are back safely though.

Amie V said...

Please tell bubbee that I'll be back to the yellow house just as soon as I can. Awwww... I miss y'all, whether you miss me or not! =P