Monday 7 December 2009

Pearlies


It took nearly five years, but I finally got on with an NHS dentist in Aberdeen.  Most of the dentistries here have gone private, because they didn't like being restricted in what they could offer to patients (and they wanted more money, I assume).  The building above is where my dentist is, and they do both NHS and private service.  So I suppose if I don't like the options I get as an NHS patient, I can opt to pay for something else.  Yeah, right.  =D

This dentrist is in the converted Grandholme Mills.  These originally were linen mills, but were bought by the Crombie family (whose cloth is famous. You've probably heard of it.  They even supplied the Rebel greycoats.  I knew I belonged in Aberdeen!).  Crombie has now moved their production to Leeds, but the mill has been refashioned into trendy flats, restaurants, a dentistry, and I'm not sure what else.  It's pretty cool.  I'd live there. 

Except that it's not very easy to get to.  It's in the Bridge of Don, so over the river and through the woods, literally.  I take the bus part of the way, and then have to walk 15 minutes or so along the river, past woods and open fields.  It's lovely when the weather's nice.  I can't wait to see what it's like when the weather's bad.  The walk is completely downhill on the way there, and uphill all the way back.  Brilliant!  *sigh*  At least it's basically free....

Anyway.  I finally got in for my first initial assessment.  I had been told in Seattle a few years ago that I would need a root canal.  I've been waiting til I got on with a dentist, of course.  But they took x-rays and all that, and nothing showing up.  Nothing.  They did a quick clean and sent me on my way, with my perfect pearly whites.  Okay, so they aren't exactly white... but I'm not about to give up coffee, or red wine!  =D

2 comments:

Jennie B said...

I can't believe you took pictures of your teeth!

And quit your braggin, some of us had to endure years of torture to get straight teeth...

BAH!

Amie V said...

hahahahaha. my bottom ones aren't straight, as the photo clearly shows. =E (buck-toothed smiley)