Thursday 15 May 2008

It Just Ain't Right....

This is my friend Lizzie (on the end, next to my friend Carolyn). She's having a baby soon. Yay!



We had a baby shower for her last night at church. It was grand! I made tiramisu (from scratch, and yes, it was fantastic), and everyone else brought desserts, as well. We had music and visiting, photos and food, gifts and games. We had to taste and name the baby food, submit names for the baby, and guess how big mummy's tummy is. We used toilet paper, which I think gives a little too much leeway. We should have used yarn... because maybe then I wouldn't be in this predicament.

I mean, I know I am, um, curvy. I have big hips. And I'm not the most slender of girls, sure. But still... it just ain't right. Lizzie, she is eight and a bit months pregnant, and she's ten squares around. I am not at all pregnant, and I'm nine squares. How is that fair?!

That's just wrong. Seriously. But at least I won the prize for that game... Costa coffee! So something good came out of that embarrassment. I am never, ever again going to be tempted to compare.... =D

Other than that, it was a fun time. Lizzie was surprised, we got to celebrate her, and the boys watched the Big Game at the pub. A success all 'round, I'd say. Except for my girth.

Oh, and here are the pictures from the cookout last weekend:
Iain, Cam, and Sean making fire... trying desperately to keep the little grills going in the windy dampness. They succeeded, thanks to a run to get more charcoal and lighter fluid. =)
This is Jayne, Hannah, and me. See the big glass Jayne has? We kept 'em full of wine. Yum!
What a good lookin' group! That's me, Lizzie, Hannah and Jayne.

The whole crew of the evening... Ben, Iain, Sean and Cam in back; me, Lizzie, Jayne and Hannah up front. And the wee Reynolds one, just waiting to come out and play! =D

5 comments:

Jennie B said...

I just want to say that is a darn good looking fleece you have on their sis. You have some amazing taste in clothing.

Ok, i am going to make you feel better about yourself. I am going to run to the bathroom and measure my girth. BRB....

Ok, I am 15 squares around. How depressing, at least I can say that I am 40 weeks preggo. But I would really only think taking about 3-4 squares away would take me to prepreg squarage. Jeez, what a way to ruin my high. :)

Hope that helped you mood a bit.

Amie V said...

I love how you are so good at complementing yourself when it seems at face value you are complementing me... ;)

Taking away the three or four preggo squares, that still only makes you two squares bigger than me. That's not bad.

This is a terrible game. No one should ever be allowed to play it again. Ever. =D

Jennie B said...

Well if this helps any, Saum did the toilet paper test and he was a 10-11. LOL. Of course I told him, oh thats only about 9. Didn't want him all depressed. :)

Anonymous said...

These photos are really great; you all look so happy. I'm glad you are so well-connected over there, so far away from "home." That last shot cracked me up; it looks like she's hiding a basketball under there! :)

Barb said...

You crack me up. What were you thinking, comparing in that way? And I'm not about to do the test. On another note, the pics from your cookout at the beach look fabulous even though you were cold. I wish I was there! Miss you, friend.