Tuesday 1 July 2008

It's a Miracle!

Okay, miracle mat be a bit strong. But I've been 'hee-uhld', as Benny Hin might say. And I didn't even have to get hit on the head or lain out, ostensibly 'in the Spirit', of course. Nope, my young and cute doctor did it all hisself. Well, I'm sure Jesus had something to do with it. Thank you, Jesus! (You can stop reading in that strong Suthern accent now.) ;)

Seriously though. I went back today for my one week check-up. My doctor seemed quite pleased when I showed up in my glasses; I assured him I had not put in my contacts even once all week long, and had used that thick gunk in my eyes every single night. I don't think he was expecting me to have been so good about it all... but it paid off! When he dyed my eyes yellow to look for the scratchy bits-- there were no scratchy bits! They were completely gone. *sigh* I cannot tell you how happy I was to hear that! So we agreed-- I'll not wear my contacts as aggressively as I have; I'll take them out when I'm at home, or when I'm studying for long periods. I'll give my eyes a rest more often.

Now I just need some new cool glasses... =D

4 comments:

Jennie B said...

Yeah for your eyes, and now on to a more pressing matter...




Did you get his phone number this time?


bwa ha ha ha ha!

Amie V said...

Erm, no. But I do go back in a few days to pick up my new contacts... so maybe then! I should, shouldn't I?


You know I'd never have the guts, lol! ;)

Barb said...

Yippee! I know you're relieved. Now make sure, once you get those cool new glasses, that you take a picture of you in your "academic look" and post it.

Amie V said...

Jen is gonna have to help me pick some out when I'm there... I'll take pics, and let y'all help me decide, ala Pioneer Woman. =D