Thursday 3 July 2008

I Work Best Under Pressure, but This Is Ridiculous!

So I have a deadline for getting this last chapter to Brian before he leaves. Or I thought I did... I thought I still had a week to get it done and to him, and then another week and a half in which to meet and discuss it. Like things ever go according to plan for me. Bah!

Brian wants my chapter-- this week. As in, by tomorrow-- to meet next week.

I don't think that's possible.

Maybe by Saturday, or Sunday... but tomorrow? No freakin' way.

I always say that I work best under pressure, and for all of my academic career so far, that has served me well. But this? This isn't just pressure. For this, I need the Tardis. Which means, for those of you who don't know The Doctor (shame on you!), Time and Relative Dimension in Space. I need more time....

(Do I really work best under pressure? Would I work better if I actually did things ahead of time and didn't procrastinate so much? Who knows. This time, I actually have been working, and for quite a while... but now it's down to the wire, and the pressure is on...)

So please, if you think about it in the next couple of days, pray for me. Pray hard. I need all the help I can get, and all the caffeine I can get, as well. ;) I'll keep you posted on what the outcome is... if I survive. And if Brian doesn't kill me.... =S

2 comments:

Jennie B said...

For some reason, something from youth group is popping in my head. I have no idea why, and i think it is youth group but anywho.

In a funny voice...

Yoooouuu Can Dooooooo it!

Anonymous said...

praying...