Tuesday 2 December 2008

My Holiday Wish List

No, I'm not just being greedy. If you don't want to buy me a Christmas gift, that's okay. And you don't have to read this post. But because I have been asked, I'll list some things I'd like. Just in case. =D

Electricals
~~ a nice new fancy-schmancy digital camera
~~ memory cards for said camera =)
~~ a flatscreen TV for Kenny and me
~~ a working DVR box (grumble grumble stupid old one...)
~~ external hard drive/memory sticks/etc
~~ wireless mouse
~~ Wii and games, or a handheld game thingy, or an iPhone/iTouch
~~ a cool new mobile


Media
~~ TV show box sets (Doctor Who, Torchwood season two, CSI's, Smallvilles, Lost, Heroes, etc etc etc... I am a TV addict, remember)
~~ books (classics, kids books, cookbooks, anything with words)
~~ Christmas films (A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown, Elf, Santa Clause...)
~~ Disney films (anything Pixar minus Ratatouille, Cars, Toy Story & Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc; plus the classics like Sleeping Beauty or whatever else they have released lately, as well as the good live action stuff-- I only have the first Pirates film so far, for instance)
~~ films (anything you think I'd like. I pretty much like anything but romantic comedies.)
~~ music (anything by Paul McCartney since Driving Rain; anything by Keane since Hopes and Fears; soundtracks; anything new by old favourites; Christmas stuff)
~~ iTunes gift cards, to buy said music with, if you don't want to ship cds over

Food and Drink
~~ coffee money (I have reloadable cards to both Starbucks and Costa, but new ones work, as well. And good coffee from good places-- I can grind the beans myself.)
~~ marshmallows
~~ spiced cider mix
~~ pumpkin (although I do realise it's heavy....)
~~ wine, or money to buy wine sometimes. A treat I don't indulge in often enough. =)
~~ other stuff that can't be gotten here, but I can't think of to list right now...
~~ neat mugs... you can never have enough. At least, I can't.
~~ powdered flavoured coffee creamer (anything but hazelnut, but the fancy holiday flavours especially)
Bold

Miscellaneous
~~ a nice pen/pencil set, preferably a fountain pen as they are very cool
~~ an embosser for all library... so if stuff gets 'lost' at least the thief knows where they stole it from.
~~ knitting stuff-- I want to learn. That's my winter project. So a good how-to book, and supplies and stuff.
~~ clothes-- fun socks or tights, cool shoes (like red converse, or more crocs), nice trousers, warm pjs....
~~ games and puzzles (but not strategy stuff like risk. blech.)
~~ picture frames, and/or money to buy prints (mostly of the kiddos, of course)
~~ travel money or travel-related goodies
~~ anything cool you make, or from your neck of the woods, or that you think I might like.
~~ a nice jewelery box, and nice jewelery ;)
~~ a down mattress topper (basically a feather mattress, for on top of my very sprung spring mattress-- or rather, money for one. Shipping would be ridiculous.)
~~ the coloured Burt's Bees lip shimmer tubes of minty stuff... obviously I don't know their real name, but I love them.
~~ a new stuffed animal to keep me company and double as a pillow when I travel. And yes, I know I'm a dork.
~~ a nice wall calender
~~ cool wellies


That's all that is coming to mind right now. If I think of other things, I'll add 'em. And really, I just love the surprise of getting something... so if you think it's cool and that I'd like it, the chances are good that I will!

7 comments:

Jennie B said...

Too Late, we already picked you something up in GA. :)

Amie V said...

Well, like I said at the end, I'm not picky. But in Georgia? I'm a little worried about that part... and not at Disney? ;)

Holloway Clan said...

Talk to Sian Draycott about the Aberdeen Knit Wits. They meet once a month and was the brain child of yours truly. Trust me, they will be thrilled to have someone to teach. Plus, we would always have loads of good eats to fill the evening. Wish I were there to teach you :)
Becky

Jill said...

Can you not get marshmellows there? how tragic. Or flavored coffee creamer...horrible!!!!p

Amie V said...

I know, it's terrible! At Christmas time, they get in one box of marshmallows, and when they're gone, they are gone. It is ridiculous. And even then, half of them are raspberry, and they just aren't quite right. And the creamer... I can't even get into that. =D

Amie V said...

Oh, and Becky... I wish you were here, too! You are missed! =D

Anonymous said...

Hey Amie. I like your wish list. Palm Centro is running a fun campaign where you can text "Santa" your wish list with the possibility of it coming true. You can check it out if you want. Good luck if you text in!
http://www.palm.com/textclaus