Saturday 3 January 2009

My 2008 Literary Adventures

I'm putting all these here, so I can start my list over again.
  • Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox
  • Brisingr
  • The Year of the Death of Ricardo Ries
  • Twilight
  • The Blind Assassin
  • Collected Ghost Stories
  • Zorro
  • The Company We Keep: An Ethics of Fiction
  • Peter Pan In Scarlet
  • Mansfield Park
  • Billie's Kiss
  • In the Vineyard of the Text
  • The Quiet Imperative
  • Half of a Yellow Sun
  • The Dream Quake
  • 'The Metamorphosis' (Kafka)
  • Neglected Voices
  • 'The Sand-Man' (E.T.A. Hoffman)
  • Love's Knowledge
  • Brighton Rock
  • Home to Holly Springs-- The First Father Tim Novel
  • People of the Book
  • Heart Whispers
  • The Inimitable Jeeves
  • The Age of Innocence
  • Aristotle's Poetics
  • The Amber Spyglass
  • Plato's Republic (Books I, II, III, X)
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns
  • On Moral Personhood
  • Monsieur Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Koran
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The Subtle Knife
  • Fahrenheit 451

2 comments:

Jennie B said...

I kinda think you should make this one longer and the movies shorter. tee hee. I mean come on, this is soooo short, you hardly read anything last year.

Amie V said...

oh yeah? and let's see your list, then! some of these are long books, and some of them are just plain hard, and most of them i only read before bed...

wait, why am i defending myself?! i don't have to do that. but there probably are some i read that i forgot to put on the list. oh well.

besides, you're just jealous i get to go to the cinema. =P