Sunday 17 January 2010

Alvan Autumn Adventurers

On the Epic Stirling move, Paige and I saw:
Menstrie Castle, which is just stuck here in the midst of a subdivision.  And no way in that we saw.  Random. 

Sauchie Tower, which is in a bad state.  I wanted to explore, but no go. 


Dollar Glen.  Little did we know what hike awaited we wee tired girlies to get to Castle Campbell... but it was worth it.  Lovely.




Castle Campbell.  I doubted whether I would make it to the top, but it was totally worth it.  This is now one of my top five favourite places in Scotland.






Then later in the autumn, Liz and I went down to Paige's for the weekend.  It was Liz's first trip to Stirling, so we made the most of it.  We saw:

Doune Castle... or we tried to.  There was some HBO pilot filming there, so we didn't get to see much.  But the view from the top was amazing!  




Stirling Castle.  We all have Historic Scotland passes now, as we press-ganged Liz into buying one at Doune.  So we totally made the most of it.




But the most important thing we did was eat.  And laugh.  And enjoy ourselves immensely. Which, incidentally, seems to happen whenever we're together, even if we don't mean for it to.  =D

And no, it's not dependent on alcohol... I just thought the over-excited Holy Grail was funny.  Liz opened it with a spatula.  True story.  

No comments: