Monday 11 January 2010

Of Queens and Cabers



I didn't find these most famous Braemar Royal Highland Games very interesting.  There were huge crowds, and we couldn't see nearly as well, and it just didn't have the same feel as Aboyne, which was amazing.  I later found out that's because Aboyne is actually the *best* games, but these are just big because the Queen comes.  I did see the Queen, and Prince Charles, and Princess Anne, and someone else and someone else.  Kenny would know.  Anyway.  That was the highlight of the very long and muddy day, with Liz and the McGarrys and Paige and Crystal and Alisa. 

And I think it might be dangerous for a whisky distillery to sponsor the heavy events.  I'm just sayin'.  

2 comments:

Barb said...

Still, very cool to get to see the Queen!

Amie V said...

true. but next time, if there ever is a next time, i'll just show up in time for that. for the rest, i'd much rather go back to aboyne. =)